Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy 4th Of July!/Question of the week #4


4th .3g2
Originally uploaded by Sinnomen1977
We took the little kids out to see the Boom Over The Bay; a local fireworks display over Presque Isle Bay. The baby you hear in the background is my gf's great nephew.


As for knitting, I've been bitten by the dishcloth bug. I seem to have quite a bit of kitchen cotton in my stash 0701081159.jpg

so I started knitting it up. This is my second ballband dishcloth here...

Ballband2.jpg

I'm also knitting a Mason-Dixon dishcloth. I'll take a pic of it soon. The most exciting thing about the MD dishcloth is that this is the first time I've knit bobbles of any kind!!!! And now that I've knit bobbles, I can say, I don't really like them. But this is just another skill I can add to my skillset of stuff I can do. I've done cables on the CPH and now bobbles. I don't know whats next for me (maybe Clapotis?) but I love learning as I go along.

The Question of the Week #4

1) What yarn (that you don’t have/haven’t used) would make your stash “complete”? I'd love to try out the musk ox yarn, quivet? Maybe a hat made of quivet to keep me warm this winter!

2) What yarn do you never want to be without? Hmmm...thats a hard one. I like kitchen cotton b/c it's so easy to do a million things with, not just dishcloths. But there is something to be said about a hard wearing/working wool that felts well, also. I can't decide!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I went through my addiction to dishcloth stage recently. I heart Mason Dixon knitting, so I made dishcloths that were mitered squares and mini log cabins too!

Prof

Blog Archive