1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I love sock yarns; wool/nylon blends, cotton blends, etc. I'm trying to stay away from the really icky acrylics.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I store my st8 needles in glass vases on my dining room table, all circs and interchangeable are in their own cases.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I would say I'm a fearless beginner/intermediate. I've gone past scarves and hats but have not tackled fair isle or intarisa yet. I've been knitting about 2 years.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yep its right here.
5. What's your favorite scent? I like clean scents, flowers, sweet smells. Nothing too earthy.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? I like caramel ANYTHING.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I don't spin but I do a little crochet and I like to sew.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I listen to all different kinds of music and yes I can listen to MP3's.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? I don't like earthy tones (greens, browns, tan, etc) but I love pink, purple and red.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I have a spouse, 3 kids and a dog.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Yep. I've been meaning to knit myself a poncho; just havent got around to it.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I love to knit socks, handbags, etc.
13. What are you knitting right now? Socks, a baby blanket, and CPH.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? I would love to receive something handmade, are you kidding? Thats what this is all about!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I've been doing just about everything on circs or dpns.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Yes I do.
17. How old is your oldest UFO? 6 months
18. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas!
19. Is there anything that you collect? Hello kitty anything. I've been stalking Hello Kitty yarn and needles on ebay so don't you try to buy it out from under me!! LOL
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I read Simply Knitting, Interweave Knits, Knit 1. , and Vogue Knitting. I'd love to get my hands on the Vogue Stitcnionaries.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Intaria and fair isle. I really should think about taking a class. I have no one around who can teach me.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? I wear a size 10 ladies shoe and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to knit socks for myself and my family.
23. When is your birthday? December 4th
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID? Sinnomen1977...add me as a friend!
Saturday, May 24, 2008
I'm using Lion Brand Pound of Love in Pastel Yellow on size 10.5 US needles. I've used up almost the entire skien of yarn plus a tiny bit more for the seed stitch border.
I'm also still working on the Magic Stripes socks in denim. Almost done there and then onto the no purl monkeys!
Sunday, May 11, 2008
Here's a pic of the back.
It's been finished for awhile I just haven't had the time to take pics of it. I finished it @ The Cultured Purl during knit night. Now I'd better wear it b4 it becomes too warm to wear.
I sat the CPH down for awhile; I don't know if I'm going to finish it right now or put it away until fall. It's a little warm for a lap full of wool right now.
- ► 2014 (12)
- ► 2012 (16)
- ► 2011 (35)
- ► 2010 (27)
- ► 2009 (21)
- ▼ 2008 (53)