Thursday, December 27, 2007

Cherry Blossom Sock


Cherry Blossom Sock
Originally uploaded by Sinnomen1977
I don't even know where to begin with these socks. I love the yarn and it knit up pretty quickly. I'm using a basic toe-up pattern (these are my first toe -up socks) and I think I've just been rushing the socks just to have a new FO. I cast off too quickly and tightly. I get the right sock done and try to take a pic and I cant even get the sucker around my ankle the bind off is sooooo tight! I can't believe it. I got so frustrated and angry at the sock and myself, I just flug it across the room. I've been a bit moody the last few days too; I dont know why.


Also, since this yarn came in just a big ol' hank I wasnt sure where to stop and where to begin the next sock. Hindsight being 20/20 I realize I should have weighed and seperated the hank to make 2 equal socks. The next time I buy yarn like that, I'll be sure to do it. This was my birthday yarn; purchused from The Loppy Ewe. Cherry Tree Hill, colorway: Cherry Blossom. The last pair of socks was Lorna's Laces and since you have to buy 2 skeins of that to make two socks its pretty easy to know where to stop; assuming your going toe-up. I think I'll get better with my next pair. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna do toe-up. I'm dying to try the Monkey socks or something along those lines. I just need to learn PATIENCE and a more elastic bind-off. Wish me luck!!!

No comments:

Blog Archive