Monday, July 19, 2010

Lace? Lace? Who's got the lace???

Even tho I've never worn a shawl and very bad @ following charts; I cast on the Shetland Triangle Shawl. I learned quite a few things with this project....

1. How to follow a chart

2. Provisional cast-on

3. Double decreases

4. Using life lines

Shetland Triangle 001


This is before blocking....before I did the bind-off.


I also learned that although I didnt think guage was important in a shawl/scarf, etc it is. Because it is quite possible for a shawl not to fit. I used sock yarn (Noro Kureyon Sock in color S102), size US 6 needles and a crap ton of stitch markers. It was looking a bit small on the needles but I thought a severe blocking would fix that. Apparently not. I dont know what happened; I think I may have to pick out the bind-off and the edging rows and knit a few more repeats of the body chart.

7.19.10 001

7.19.10 003

7.19.10 002

This is it blocking...

In other crafting news, I've been sewing a bed for my doggie, Poochie. I knit a large, pillowcase sized square out of Lion Brand Wool-Ease chunky on size US 13 needles. I cut the pillowcase in half so I'll end up with cotton fabric on one side and knitted fabric on the other and sewed it up on 3 sides. Maybe I can even insert a zipper? We'll see!

No comments: