Saturday, October 4, 2008

Suzy Homemaker

I've been feeling very domestic lately now that I'm spending more time indoors with the weather cooling now and all. I went out and bought a new crockpot.

1002080904.jpg

My old one just wasnt big enough to hold enough food to feed my larger family. The only thing I ever cooked in it was chili and there was never enough. (Big chili eaters in my family!) I want to be able to put a roast, etc in there in the morning and come back in the evening and dinner being done. Hence the need for a new crock pot.

I also bought a crap load of granny smith apples to make pie and apple butter with.

1002081028.jpg

Here's a pic of my pie b4 it went into the oven. It has that crumbley, brown sugar-y, stresel topping on it.

As for knitting, thats getting more and more cozy these days too. I'm almost done with the Brea Bag; the front and back are complete. It just needs a gusset and handles and it will be done. I've also started on a pair of Fiber Trends Felted Clogs for my step-son. They are going to be a Christmas gift, I think. I might as well get started on my Christmas knitting; hopefully I haven't started too late. Alot of the stores have the Christmas decorations already out! Yes, it's that time of year i love so much; fall and winter. Time to break out the big knits!

No comments:

Blog Archive