Friday, September 5, 2008

1st Day of School


0825080729.jpg
Originally uploaded by Sinnomen1977
Here's a pic of Aija, my daughter, on the first day of 2nd grade. Isnt she the cutest thing EVA?! I had to take the pic b4 she walked out of the door b/c I knew when she came home that shirt wouldn't be white anymore and I was right! LOL


Also on the needles is this...

0902082043.jpg

the Odessa hat. You can find it on ravelry. I'm knitting it on us US6 needles with Debbie Bliss cashmere/cotton blend. 85% cotton and 15% cashmere. It's soft and shows stitch definition well. This is a beaded, fitted cap that I'm actually knitting without the beads. Lot's of these have been knit on Ravelry, too. I'm surprised I never saw this pattern b4 b/c I love fitted caps like these. I've made and bought lots of them. More pics to come soon.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/odessa

Also on the needles is still the Cherry Bomb tank. I've stalled on this tank b/c I know the weather is changing and I wont be able to wear it b4 next summer. The other one I knit is out of an alpaca/wool blend (yea I know...a wool tank top?!) and I wear as a vest in the winter over a shirt. I think I'll do that with this one too at least until it's warm again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So cute! I would knit her anything she wanted, I would be powerless to her cuteness.

I think I'm going to have to knit Odessa too. I'm copying off your knitting- but you pick such fun patterns!!!

Prof. C

Blog Archive