Secret Pal 11
Here are is the questionnaire for SP11. Please be sure to post it in a spot on your blog where your pal can easily find it. Since your pal will use this to help create your packages you'll want to have it posted to your blog no later than August 15th.
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I like cotton/wool blends, of course wool b/c I love to felt things and alpaca....I'm not a fan of mohair, however.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I have quite a few needles in glass vases on my dining room table and some in a folder that zips up and fits in my knitting bag.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I've been knitting about 6 months but crocheting for 10+ years. I'm a beginner in both however....and a much better knitter than crocheter for some reason.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? I sure do!
5. What's your favorite scent? Hmmm....shea flower by Bath & Body Works. I love fresh, clean scents; not too flowerly. And I don't mind smelling like food either. LOL
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Not much but when I do eat candy...I like chocolate and caramel together. I love salty snacks like cashews, chex mix, etc.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I don't spin but I do paint, cook, I love to bake, sew, and read alot.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) Yep. I have an off-brand mp3 player than I LOVE. I listen to alot of old-school, r&b, lot's of pop, etc. I don't listen to alot of rap but I do listen to some and a pinch or two of country.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? I'm not a fan of brown but PINK is my signature color.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I'm married with a 18 y.o step-son, 16 y.o step son and a 7 y.o. daughter. I also have a little puppy (she's a shiz zu....am I spelling that right?) named Molly.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Sure do!
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I knit LOADS of handbags.
13. What are you knitting right now? A cardi for my 5 month old neice, a pair of socks, a pillow cover, and finishing a tank top for myself.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Love 'em!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Str8 bamboo are the best...I like bamboo circulars too. I can't stand aluminum knitting needles but like 'em for crochet. Weird.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? I wish! LOL...I've been trolling eBay looking for one as a matter of fact...
17. How old is your oldest UFO? A month or so I guess....
18. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas
19. Is there anything that you collect? Besides yarn?? LOL Anything Hello Kitty.... I even have a Hello Kitty tattoo on my ankle.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I have the Vogue Stitchinary books on my Amazon lists. I also want the Maggie Sefton knitting mysteries....I bought the last one from Amazon but havent finished it yet. I read Knit.1, Interweave Knits, Knit Simple, Knit Style.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I'd love to learn Fair isle
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? I'm knitting my first pair of socks right now so I've been on the look-out for great sock yarn. I wear a size 10 shoe.
23. When is your birthday? December 4th
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID? Finally got in...I'm sinnomen1977 there.
- ► 2014 (12)
- ► 2012 (16)
- ► 2011 (35)
- ► 2010 (27)
- ► 2009 (21)
- ► 2008 (53)