Friday, August 3, 2007

Greetings from the mistake on the lake!!! I am back from a FAB-U-LOUS vacation and continuing to knit my little life away. I've finished the front panel of the Tuxedo Pillow and now I am working on the back panel(s). Also, I bought the most bee-u-ti-ful lavender/purple sock yarn (Lorna's Laces) while I was in Oklahoma City. Now I've never attempted a sock before but everytime I see one knitted up or the yarn, I'm just itching to try it out. So I'm using the LL yarn purchused @ Carol's Knitting Studio. She's not on the web (hey, Carol? Join the rest of us in the 21st century why don't ya?) but here's the address if you are ever in OKC.

Carol's Knitting Studio
9300 S. Penn Ave.
Okc, OK 73159
(405) 691-0892

She doesn't take plastic (!!!!!!!WHAT??????) but will accept checks (even out of state one's !!!!!WHAT?????) and cash, of course. She has the most beautiful, warm, inviting and MEGA-friendly shop. I thought she was very helpful, indeed.

Anyway...back to my sock. I'm using the pattern/recipe from the Yarn Harlot's book. It was also done up on a recent episode of Knitty Gritty. Ya'll know how much I love that show! I took a picture for ya'll to see, too!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Anyhoo, it's coming along nicely I think. I'll post better pics later. Here's the pattern if anyone is interested...

http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/na_knitting/article/0,2025,DIY_14141_5489009,00.html

http://www.lornaslaces.net/

No comments:

Blog Archive