Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Socks, socks, socks!

I've been knitting socks and ordering sock yarn like a mad person. Here's a pic of my newest sock knit out of Noro Kureyon Sock yarn, color # S185 on size 2 needles.
noro sock 002

I'm knitting these socks toe up using Wendy Bernard's sock pattern using the toe patch. I've also finished a pair of sock for my sweetie. These are Knit Picks Essential Tweed on size 2 needles (I knit most socks on 2's) in the color Marina.
socks, etc 002

The only thing I have to say about this yarn was, I hate tweed. It's not really the yarns fault; I just didnt realize how much I would hate knitting those itty bitty little flecks of color. I would have liked it more had it been a plain yarn; no tweed. I know this next time I order yarn from Knit Picks.

Here's a few pics of sock yarns I've ordered from Knit Picks. The first one is called Gelato. Pretty!
knitpicks 001
Here is Alexandrea...
3.5.09 006
and Grass...
3.5.09 005

I also order from Duet Sock yarn from The Loopy Ewe. It's called Brownie Girl. I love the colors and the little mini-skien to make cordinating toes and heels. Isn't it cute??


So I think I'm pretty much set for the next few months as far as sock yarn goes. What say you, dear readers?

1 comment:

Kitty said...

I LOVE the brownie one!!! And since I am a bit biased on your part, I’d say no, you can NEVER have enough yarn!! What if there is ever a sudden yarn drought? What would people do for knitting?! You must stock up and hoard for the sake of humanity…